Before/After School Care – 5-12 Years Old
Our school age program gives children a safe, supervised space to play in the hours before and after school. This is a multi-age program that allows children to continue building their academic and social skills in a comfortable, nurturing environment. During school vacations students participate in engaging activities which help to support their academic and social growth. Teachers draw upon children’s interests and abilities when designing curriculum and incorporate opportunities for active play through structured games outdoors and in the gym.
Additional School-Age supplies to provide:
- One complete change of clothes (more if necessary)
- Seasonally appropriate outdoor gear
- Close-toed shoes (no crocs)
- Snacks (During school vacations/summer please provide 4 snack items – two for morning snack and two for afternoon snack. These snacks MUST support the 5210 Let’s Go Program, as well as our Nut Free policy.)
- Please label ALL of your child’s clothing.
- Toys from home are difficult to share with others. Please leave these special items at home. (Special “share days” may be scheduled by classroom teachers.)
- Teachers communicate verbally with families daily and will post notices for needed supplies on cubbies, in mailboxes, or via Brightwheel.
- A minimum of one-hour quiet time is required by DHHS licensing regulations. All children will be provided with a rest/quiet time after lunch with low-light, quiet activities, and individual reading or art activities.
- All families are expected to adhere to our health care policy. If a child becomes ill and needs to be picked up, we ask families to please arrive within one hour.
- Families must notify Toddle Inn if a child will not attend after school programming due to illness, special activity, or school pick-up. We will assume your child is missing if not notified.
- Electronic devices are not permitted unless specifically required. Toddle Inn is not liable for broken, lost, or damaged devices.
- Children should arrive ready to enjoy their day. Please make sure they are fed, dressed, & prepared for playing outside.
***Toddle Inn is a Nut Free center! Please do not bring in snacks containing nuts or labeled as “processed in a factory that produces nut products”. All snacks must display an ingredient label. All unlabeled snacks will be bagged and returned home.***